Dr. Jeffrey Berti and Dr. Toula Berti specialize in advanced treatment of all skin disorders for men, women and children. In addition, the physicians at Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery, Ltd. also offer a number of procedures for skin rejuvenation and body contouring.
Shaving can be a challenge for both men and women. Here are dermatologists’ tips to help you get a clean shave:
- Before you shave, wet your skin and hair to soften it. Taking a shower or bath is a great way to soften your hair.
- Next, apply a shaving cream or gel.
- Be sure to shave in the direction that the hair grows.
- Change blades or throw away disposable razors after 5 to 7 shaves to help minimize irritation.
- Men who have acne should take special care while shaving. Shaving can irritate your skin, making acne worse.
- If you have acne on your face, try experimenting with electric or disposable blade razors to see which work best for you.
- Use a razor with a sharp blade.
- Shave lightly to prevent nicks and never try to shave off the acne as both can make acne worse.